Approximately three to five per cent of people worldwide are moderately affected, with another 20-25 per cent of people slightly affected, and one per cent of the population are severely affected.
There are many symptoms people with electro-hypersensitivity can experience ranging from headaches, nausea, and dizziness, all the way to paralysis, stroke, and mood disorders.
Even some cancers are thought to be from long term, low level exposure to EMFs.
Patients, physicians and scientists worldwide have discovered that these problems will be diminished or even disappear when EMF exposures are reduced. Experiments have been done on people even without their knowledge so there is no placebo effect in play.
Once diagnosed, the complete elimination of electromagnetic radiation is required for relief of symptoms. This is not an easy thing to achieve in today’s society.
In the coming years expect to see people returning to safer houses where products are not communicating wirelessly 24/7.
Smart-connected homes are convenient but at what price?
Experts predict that homes will be going back to phone jacks, Ethernet cables and fiber optics in most rooms in the coming years. It is especially important to make our bedrooms a radiation free zone. Exposure to electromagnetic fields during the night can reduce the body’s secretion of melatonin. This hormone regulates our biological clock, including sleep patterns and also is a powerful tumour suppressor.
Former president of Microsoft Canada, Frank Clegg, warns us about the dangers of Wi-Fi and electromagnetic radiation exposure. He dedicates much of his time today to tech safety and security.
New products are coming out which are said to absorb radiation without interfering with the devices operation.
Some tips for cutting back on the amount of radiation emitted are as follows:
1. Even if you have a laptop, attach a wired keyboard to it and use a mouse. This way you won’t have to touch the computer.
2. Use a wired Ethernet connection.
3. Use a Router Guard to protect yourself if you are in a situation in which Wi-Fi must be turned on.
4. Make sure the Airport or wireless functions are turned off so that the computer is not sending out bursts of microwave radiation to search for a wireless router (usually every 10-15 seconds).
5. Keep your computer as far away from your body as possible.
6. Run your computer on battery power. There is a much lower electric field created when it is not plugged in.
7. Spend lots of time in nature and leave your devices at home.
These are just some of the ways you can reduce the effect of exposure to electromagnetic fields on a daily basis.